Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Year in Review

2009 was a really good year for me. It gave me some really great experiences and I think I've grown a little because of them. Here's a recap of '09:

My mom moved down to Vegas and I spent the beginning of the year hanging out a lot with her. This is us hiking at Red Rock. (This is why I love Vegas... hiking in January!)

I bought my road bike in preparation for my 1st sprint triathlon... and oh, how I love her!


I graduated from UNLV with my masters degree.

I participated in a couple sprint triathlons. I thought I would only do one, but I found out how fun and addicting they are! And training for them keeps me motivated to work out.


I made a few trips to Denver. One to see my sister and my cute niece and nephew. The other time was to see some good friends. I do enjoy Denver and I was glad to have some reasons to go visit.

I went camping for several days in Idaho.


I went backpacking in California.

The California Raisin made a comeback during Halloween.


And I was able to spend some quality time over Christmas with close friends and family.

I think I am learning to appreciate the ups and downs in life. There are lots of days that I wish I could just fast-forward through, but without them, I know I wouldn't appreciate the good days. This past year was filled with experiences that made me realize this and for that, I say, "Thank you 2009"!!

3 comments:

Odd Family said...

It was a great year! I love this post. That pic of you and your mamma is super cute! Hot ladies!! I love your bike! I love Rocco! I Love Love Love You!:)

Megann said...

Happy New Year!!!! 2010 is going to be EVEN BETTER :0)

THORNLEY FAMILY said...

I LOVE MISTIC!!!!!!!!YOU FORGOT THAT I NESTLED YOU IN 2009