Rich and I went to Kauai, HI for our honeymoon. It was paradise!! When we got to Hawaii we rented a car. See, here we are in our rental car.

Then we went to spouting horn. The water enters through caves and shoots out a hole on the surface. It was super pretty!

Then we went to a restaurant that had the best food we'd eaten that whole trip.... Just looking at this makes me hungry again! Mouth watering!



Here we are outside that restaurant. You can't see the ocean very well, but it's out there.

We brought our own cereal and ate breakfast on our balcony in the mornings. You can kinda see the ocean behind Rich.

We did a little snorkeling...

This is the grand canyon of Kauai. Beautiful!!


We read about a really great hike up to a waterfall in this grand canyon so we decided to check it out. We saw some really great views there! AMAZING!




I didn't post any pictures of the waterfall because it was pretty pathetic. But the hike was great and we were still super happy we went.
The rest of the trip, we checked out a lot of beaches. Oh, I miss it there!


There are so many chickens and roosters on this island. There was actually a chicken IN the garbage can the rooster is standing on. It was fun to see all the little chickies running around too.

We had the BEST shaved ice there! Seriously. And I know my shaved ice! MMMMM! Tiger's Blood!


We went on another hike that was a little more sketchy. Our guide book said that lots of locals do this hike but that it's "technically" off limits. But we took our chances. This is us at the top of the falls looking down from the road.

The hike took us down to the very bottom. It was pretty thick forest down there and some difficult spots. There were ropes tied to the trees that we had to hold on to so we didn't fall off the narrow and slippery rocks. It was a good time!

We finally made it down. It was super pretty down there and definitely worth the hike!

Rich had the great idea to have s'mores and hot dogs on the beach outside our hotel. So we bought some charcoal and Rich made us a fire. But that night we only made s'mores. We were too full already.

They sure tasted good!!

One of my favorite things was drinking coconut milk from a fresh coconut. They just drill a hole and stick a straw in it. MMMM!

Rich then cracked the coconut open (WITH HIS BARE HANDS!) and I got to eat the coconut meat. There are so many reasons to LOVE Hawaii!

We ate at a pretty good BBQ place. It was fun to eat at places with a nice view of the ocean. That never got old.

We were able to go to a luau. It was some of the best food I ate there. That place put Las Vegas buffets to shame!

We decided that because we still had hot dogs and charcoal, we'd wake up early the next morning and watch the sunrise while we roasted the hot dogs. When we woke up at 4:45am, it sounded so disgusting, but by the time they were cooked, they tasted just as good as ever!

And we got to see a really pretty sunrise. (It was a little cloudy though...)



That same day, we went on a boat tour of the Na'Pali coast. This coast is used for a lot of movie scenes, but the only one I can remember is the new King Kong (which is a HORRIBLE movie, by the way).

This boat tour was really fun. We got to go snorkeling and saw some really beautiful sights. On our way back to the beach, we passed a kayaker who had tipped over. When our captain asked if he was ok, he asked for a ride back to the coast. He said that had flipped over 12 times and was getting really fatigued. He was really scared and I felt so bad for the guy. He was pretty happy to have his feet on solid ground again.


After the boat tour, we went to "secret beach". This was by far, my favorite beach! It's not so secret though because we ran into a few people carrying the same guide book we had. It was so pretty though. This is my "happy place". If I ever have a bad day, I'm going to close my eyes and pretend I'm here again. It was WONDERFUL!!

We walked along the beach and watched the sunset that night. It was fun to watch the sunrise and sunset in the same day!

We checked out one last place before we boarded the plane. It was pretty here because you could see the lighthouse in the background and watching the waves crash on the rocks was cool.

Now we're back in SLC and so far I love it here. We've been working on our house and it's made some really great progress! Sometimes I really miss Hawaii though!!!
5 comments:
What an amzaing honeymoon!! You guys look really happy!:) Those pics make me wanna book a trip pronto! Lets go back together!
I think everyone should have their honeymoon in Hawaii. It really is paradise. Maybe in ten years we can each go on our "second honeymoon" to Hawaii again!!
Love the pictures. Love that you guys roasted hot dogs at 5 in the morning :)
AWWWWWWWWWW IT LOOKS LIKE A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME! YOU GUYS ARE SUCH A STINKEN CUTE COUPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GLAD U GUYS HAD FUN U DESERVE THE BEST!PS I LOVE U IN YOUR FLOPPY HAT!!!!!!!!LUVS KT
What a great experience. Except, maybe, holding on to the ropes to avoid falling off of the rocks. Safety first, Misty. ALWAYS safety first!!
Misty.... your honeymoon looks AMAZING. I bet you loved every second of it. I love all the pictures and the details. Awesome!
Post a Comment