She was very alert when she was born. She had her eyes open and was looking around at everything. It was such a special time! The feeling of responsibility I had when they handed her to me was incredible and scary, but mostly really special.
Rich was there holding my hand through the whole event. My mom was there too, and was a huge help. I'm sad we didn't get any pictures with her. :(

I don't think I've ever been so happy to be finished with something in my life! It was exhausting and my doctor told me "now you know why they call it labor"! Boy, is that true!

After Sophia was born, I just wanted to have everyone come and see her! We were really happy to have family and friends come visit. I only got a few pictures, but this is Rich's brother, Pete, holding her.
Here she is with her oldest cousin, Emily.
When we took her home, the real adventure started. She has so many funny facial expressions. I spend a lot of time just watching her and laughing at the little things she does.
This is what our nights consist of now. We just stare at her. :)
These pictures make me happy.
HAHA!
She's been in our lives for a little over 2 weeks but it feels like much longer! She had her 2 week appointment Friday and she's now in the 69% for height, 66% for weight, and 75% for head circumference.

5 comments:
Yay!!! I'm so excited for your many new adventures to come :) Let me know when you're ready for a house guest and I'll play with her ALL day while you sleep!!
misty congratulations! she is beautiful. i am so happy for you. i need your address so email me if you get the chance. hooray!
Soooo happy she is here!!! She is beautiful!! Now you really need to moved close to me so I can hold her everyday.:)
Congratulations Misty! She is adorable!
I am so happy we got to see her before we moved. She is such a doll. Hope things are going well.
Post a Comment