Rich and I did a sprint triathlon at Bear Lake last month. It was such a fun race! We plan on doing it again next year, so if anyone wants to join us, let me know!
We got a really cheap hotel room that had a "kitchenette" but no microwave. That put a damper on my great idea to eat in that night. I packed stuff to heat up spaghetti, but it was pretty gross cold.
We got a really cheap hotel room that had a "kitchenette" but no microwave. That put a damper on my great idea to eat in that night. I packed stuff to heat up spaghetti, but it was pretty gross cold.
Mmmmm! Cold spaghetti. Bleh!

Sophia is pretty happy to eat anything. Please notice how gross our hotel room is.
Sophia is pretty happy to eat anything. Please notice how gross our hotel room is.
Bright and early on race day... waiting for the race to start. It was FREEZING cold. Next year I'll be packing a jacket for sure!
The beautiful Bear Lake.

Brrr! Once we got in the water, it was actually much better, but waiting on the beach... oh my! We both did OK in the race. The swim was hardest for us both, but the rest was great!
Brrr! Once we got in the water, it was actually much better, but waiting on the beach... oh my! We both did OK in the race. The swim was hardest for us both, but the rest was great!
Here is Sophia, happy to go play in the water. (It looks like she's screaming, but that is her SUUUUPER excited face.)
I didn't want to put her swim suit on so we just stripped her down. She was a bit hesitant, but then she started having fun.
She mostly liked trying to eat the sand. Yikes!
Dad, burying her feet.


3 comments:
I totally want to do it with you next year. Sophia is so dang cute. Jane still talks about her sometimes. I wish we could see you guys more.
You guys are awesome! Looks so fun I would love to try doing that with Tom. I bet it was hard. Sophia is so dang cute!
Cold spaghetti....yuck!!!
I heard how you guys did and you didn't do ok, you did AWESOME!! Misty, especially you!
I love Sophia's big smile..such a happy girl. I miss her so much.
Post a Comment