Sunday, January 25, 2009

Reflections

So, it's a new year and as I was reflecting back on 2008, I realized that so many memories and experiences of mine have been embedded with the music I was listening to. There are some songs that will always let me remember what I was doing during that time in my life. So I decided to make a list of the 20 most listened to songs of last year. The interesting/sad thing is that some of these songs I can't even listen to anymore... I've over-listened to them and now I can't stand them anymore... but that's not the point. The point is these songs were a big part of my life in 2008. So here is the soundtrack to my life... 2008 edition:

1. WHEN WATER COMES TO LIFE by Cloud Cult
2. CAVES by Jack's Mannequin
3. I'M YOURS by Jason Mraz
4. FOUNDATIONS by Kate Nash
5. COLD DECEMBER by Matt Costa
6. MR. PITIFUL by Matt Costa
7. THE FUTURE FREAKS ME OUT by Motion City Soundtrack
8. FAKE EMPIRE by The National
9. MY RIGHTS VERSUS YOURS by The New Pornographers
10. CHALLENGERS by The New Pornographers
11. VERY LOUD by Shout Out Louds
12. STAY by Small Sins
13. CRACK THE SHUTTERS by Snow Patrol
14. COME THOU FOUNT OF EVERY BLESSING by Sufjan Stevens
15. M79 by Vampire Weekend
16. I STAND CORRECTED by Vampire Weekend
17. WALCOTT by Vampire Weekend
18. CAPE COD KWASSA KWASSA by Vampire Weekend
19. NEW SOUL by Yael Naim
20. THE RESOLUTION by Jack's Mannequin

I'm going to try to put these on here as a playlist for y'all... It might take some time though because I'm CLUELESS about how to do it.

*UPDATE!! I added my songs! WHOO! But there are a few that I couldn't find. Like the Jack's Mannequin songs and the new Snow Patrol songs. So you really need to look those up and listen to them on your own. You won't be disappointed!

3 comments:

Odd Family said...

I am so super happy you posted this BECAUSE just last night I was on itunes looking for some new music for my ipod, something different, the only problem was I had no idea of the names of ANYONE so I came off empty handed....so to make a long comment short-Thank You!;)

me said...

i love you misty

THORNLEY FAMILY said...

UMM HELLO I AM TRYING TO BLOG NOW AND I AM NOT GETTING YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!LOVE YAS