I'm going to be brief about this because I could really go on and on. I trained for 5 months for this and when it was finally here, I looked at the ocean and thought I was going to pee my pants! We had to swim out to the yellow triangle buoy... not the orange one that's close... the yellow far away one. And the waves looked out of control. I wish a big wave had rolled in when I took this picture so you all can feel my pain, but oh well. ANYHOW...
My friend Rich did the triathlon with me and he was nice enough to rent a van so my mom and both my roommates could come and watch. And we all got to spend some time in Encinitas, CA. Very pretty.
This is Rich and I scoping out the ocean the day before the race. We are about to do a practice swim. Don't those wetsuits look nice??
The day of the race, I woke up earlier than I have in years and got all ready. It was really fun being at the event before it started because everyone is so excited and nervous and it was cool to be a part of that. And I got there just in time to set up my equipment and get down to the ocean to swim. Mom and my roommates made their way down to the ocean to take pictures. Here I am in the ocean... one of the pink caps is me.
Next was the bike section and I'm sorry but I don't have any pictures of that for you. All you should know is that I avoided slipping on the slick, wet road, but I did loose my water bottle. Sad! And whoops!
Then it was time for the run. This is always the hardest for me because I HATE running! And because it's the last event and my body gets tired. But I finished in a respectable time.
And got a medal just for finishing.
So, all in all, it was an amazing experience. Lots of fun and a good excuse to see San Diego County. There are two more coming up in September and October here in Las Vegas. So if any of you want to join me, let me know!

6 comments:
YEAH MISTY!!!I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!AND YOLU LOOKED LISKE SUCH A HOT MAMMA IN YOUR PICS!
HOORAY For MISTY! That looks SUPER FUN! I gotta try one.:) I am proud of you for setting a goal and following it all the way through. GREAT JOB! Looking hot in the pink swim cap, LOVE IT!
Wow
Just looking at all of that makes me tired. I would not of been able to do it.
I am so proud of you for finishing and doing your best.
I love you
...what a trooper
yeah misty, what a great thing to have checked of you list. way proud of you.
Good job, friend!!! I don't think I would have made it over the first wave. We just got back from Myrtle Beach and as it turns out, I'm sort of a sissy when it comes to the ocean :)
Misty!
Where in the heck is your blogs you crazy!!!
I hope your doing good...
i love you
Post a Comment