Monday, March 1, 2010

ENGAGED!!

The ring that Rich picked out on his own. It's not a very good picture... but he did a great job! I don't think I could've picked out a better one.



I'm a little late in writing this, but I've been kinda preoccupied with making (or attempting to make) some wedding plans. I'll give you the condensed version of how it happened.
I drove up to Utah on February 19 to go skiing with Rich and some friends. When I first got there, we went out to eat and then when we went back to his house, he said that a friend of his called and said he could take us up to the top of the Capital building to look at the city. The Salt Lake capital building has 3 levels that let you walk around the dome (as long as you have an employee with you). So we walked around the first level and it was BEAUTIFUL! I love that city! And then we went up to the next level and his friend stayed back to "make a phone call". When we got to the spot where you can see the temple and the downtown area, I saw that there were flowers laying on the ground. I said, "Rich, someone left flowers up here!" and he just picked them up and gave them to me. Then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was very ROMANTIC! It was a perfect proposal! I don't think I've ever been happier. Then we went inside the dome where you can sign names. Rich brought up a Sharpie so we signed the wall and wrote the date and our wedding date (May 8 2010) for all to see. Then we went up to the very top level and were able to sign our names again up there and take some photos.
Now I'm just really excited to be married to him! I love him a lot and I feel so LUCKY that he wants to marry me. I also feel like I lucked out because he has an incredible family who has made me feel welcome from day 1. And I'm excited for when I can stop thinking about all these wedding plans... turns out I'm not much of a planner. :)

8 comments:

Kelsi said...

That is a really cute story!! So glad you two found each other and we are really excited for you to join the family. We have heard great things about you. The ring is beautiful!

Bowen Family said...

You're so incredible Misty and we are the lucky ones to have you joining our family! We couldn't be any more excited for you and Richard! We're here if you need any help with wedding stuff! Let us know!

tara said...

YAY! I'm so happy for you! Good luck with all the wedding plans...make sure you have fun through all the planning!

john + becky said...

Oh also, what is your email address so I can add you to my blog?

john + becky said...

I am so happy for you two!! You guys are a perfect match and I cannot wait for you to join the family. I've learned too that wedding plans are not that much fun :) Rich did a great job on the ring - May 8th will come fast!

Odd Family said...

Your ring is GORGEOUS!!! You guys make such a cute couple. I can't wait to come see you and help get ready for the BIG day! MUAH!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Love your ring and your super romantic story that gave me goosebumps 'cause it's just too cute. Man, it makes me want to get married again. So romantic. Yay for you!!

meg said...

I am so excited that you and Rich are getting married!!! Hooray! Let me know if you need any help,