Last weekend, Rich and I made a little trip down to Vegas for a half marathon. It was SOOO nice being back down there. The race was really hard, but we got to see great sights, and run through 6 tunnels used by trains to carry supplies to the Hoover Dam when it was being built. Rich did really, really well and made a new personal record (and he took 8th overall!). I also made a personal record (being as it was my first half marathon) that I look forward to beating someday. :) His cousins came down and raced also and they all did extremely well. They took 2, 3, and 6th overall. I am so impressed by how fast these guys run!

Here are a few pictures before the race began...



Can you see Frankenstein? The race was on 10/30/10 so there were some fun Halloween costumes.


Beautiful Lake Mead.

My friend, Megan, took these photos. She looked like paparazzi following me in her car with her nice camera sticking out of the window. She has been the unofficial photographer for a lot of our events. What a nice gal!
After the race, we got cleaned up and ate sushi at this great place in the Mandalay Bay. Oh, how I love good sushi!
Then we meandered over to Town Square, which is a shopping center, and I made a stop at my favorite H&M and we watched a movie. Then we were hungry again, so we ate at a favorite in the Venitian, called The Grand Lux.


These are twice baked potatoes, wrapped in rice paper with melted cheese and bacon on top. Then to top it off, you dip them in sour cream.

After running that far, you really don't feel guilty eating delicious garbage like this.

We then went over to look at the fountains at the Bellagio and the gardens. I never get tired of seeing this.

The gardens were decked out with GINORMOUS pumpkins and all things fall. It was quite pretty.



See what I mean about the pumpkins? Some of them weighed over 800 lbs!
2 comments:
Wow that food looks delicious! You did AWESOME in the race. So proud of you! Sorry we bailed and couldn't go out to eat!
I love Vegas! We ate at the Mandalay Buffet last year and it was amazing! You guys did such a good job at the half!
Post a Comment