For those of you who haven't driven past our front yard... you should know, it looks like a bomb hit it. Rich is replacing our sprinkler system and will be re-seeding this fall. So, right now, we have nothing green to look at. Because of this, I decided to plant some house plants from seed.
This is what I chose to plant:
Pretty, right? I really don't know if anyone has had worse luck than me at trying to keep plants alive. Every green thing I have planted/bought has suffered a slow death. It's really depressing watching your plants die. You feel so helpless. Just tell me what you need... more water? less water? more sun? better soil? WHAT??
After I planted these seeds, I was so excited to see lots of little green sprouts poke up out of the dirt. I watched them get bigger and bigger and then plucked out all but the biggest and strongest one.
A month later, it looked like this:
And I had my doubts that it was the beautiful purple flower I had planted.
It is yellow. The leaves are pointy. It is actually quite ugly. And big. But this is my little baby. I had brought it to life. I had watered it daily, I had selected this flower, over all it's siblings, to grow in my kitchen window. I wasn't going to give up on it yet.
Until this happened today.

2 comments:
Oh my, I cant stop laughing. That is hilarious and sad. What luck!
I am laughing out loud reading this!! So funny Misty! And so sad too at the same time.
I'm like you - can't grow a darn thing! BUT at least you attempt. That's a lot more than I can say. Why is the flower yellow and pointy when the picture shows a purple flower?? Weird! It's probably a packaging scam - so you'll go back and buy more and try again.
Post a Comment