Tuesday, March 18, 2014

October 2013

Sheesh! October was so long ago! But here are some photos. 


Sophia loves to do things "together". Here they are chewing on toy horses together.


I love this picture! They are both smiling so hard! 


Here we were, right in the thick of potty training. I left her alone in the bathroom for a minute and when I came back, she had found a book to read. 




It's rare to see a picture of Sophia without her blanket. 


She's so excited because we got her big bed all set up! Jeanette told me she read somewhere that if you stuff a swimming pool noodle under the sheets, it acts as a barrier and keeps kids from falling out. We tried it, but the noodle ended up sliding off in the night. Maybe it would work if the sheets were tighter.
  

And this is how she fell asleep that first nap out of the crib. FREEDOM!!



Hanging with Dad after church.


Playing under their blankets together.


Pretty hair!


Cheese!


Haha! I don't think I've seen this expression since I took this picture! (P.S. I have since made rail covers fitting for a boy crib.)


For Halloween, these two were Ms. Piggy and Kermit. I made Max's Kermit hat, and most of what Sophia is wearing (wig, ears, nose, and feather boa) is a hand-me-down from when I dressed up as Ms. Piggy a few years ago. She was a surprisingly good sport at keeping all that stuff on! We went trick-or-treating around our neighborhood and got loads of candy. It is so fun trick-or-treating again!


Poor Max. He was a good sport most of the night, but at this point- not impressed.


Family photo! Can you guess what pumpkin was mine? Hint: it's a big one that looks like it was done by a 7 year old. I think I actually carved that same face onto many pumpkins over the years. Still haven't perfected it!  


A few more of Ms. Piggy.


Oh, that hair!

Soon I'm going to have to plan this year's Halloween costumes! Oh, boy!



1 comment:

john + becky said...

Their costumes were the BEST! I'm excited to see what you come up with this year.