Tuesday, March 18, 2014

November 2013


This kid loves her books! 


And her dad!


For Thanksgiving this year, Rich smoked a turkey again. It's delicious, as you can imagine. I love the gravy he makes from the drippings. Mmmm... Gravy. Just thinking of it is making my mouth water!


Early that cold morning, we ran in the Turkey Trot in the canyon. Rich pushed our stroller (which is not meant for running, by the way!) and ran with me. I think that's the first time he's ever run with me because I'm too slow for him! It was super fun though. 


The kids got lots of comments on their turkey hats. It's funny that making these takes HOURS and they really only wear it for that 30 minute run. At least I got some mediocre pictures that will preserve all my hard work. 


Sleepy head!


We all got together and had dinner at the Bowen's. After we all stuffed ourselves, some old puppets were pulled out from when Rich was a kid and the next generation (with Jeannette's help) performed the story of the first Thanksgiving. It was really cute.


Another hat photo. When I say they took hours to make... I mean hours and hours.  For several days. Oh, well.


A tradition Rich and I have started is doing a Christmas puzzle together on Thanksgiving night. It's surprisingly fun, but I have to admit, I barely contributed to this puzzle. Rich was flying on it!  Another tradition we have is pulling out everyone's Christmas blankets to use until after Christmas. Also, Grandma Sorenson gives all the grand kids Christmas pajamas. I love the beginning of the Holidays!

1 comment:

john + becky said...

I love the hats! Good work!

We were sad we missed Thanksgiving this year...it looked so fun. The puppets are fun..I don't ever remember doing that.