Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sprint Triathlon


I decided that one of my New Year's resolutions would be to complete a sprint triathlon. I think it will be do-able... in the sprint triathlons you swim half a mile, run a 5K, and bike a 10K. I'm really nervous about it though because I have to swim in the ocean! And I can't swim, period. The last time I played in the ocean, it wouldn't give me back. It just kept taking me farther and farther out. I had to have one of my big guy friends pull me to the shallow part so I could touch. ScARy!! But I am going to start training now, so that by May 17th, I'll be ready to CONQUER! So, yesterday I started to train... not by swimming, but by running one mile. And it took me 10 minutes. And I felt like I was going to DIE! I hate running. Biking is fun though. Anyway, have any of you participated in a triathlon of any kind? Any adivice on ocean swimming? Or how to enjoy running? I need HELP! Thanks!

2 comments:

Odd Family said...

Misty that sounds so fun! We have a similar resolution...we will be tough together! GO TEAM BE SKINNY!!!;)

Megann said...

Yay! Is this the one in San Diego you told me about a while ago?! I want to play!!!! I'm being serious! It will give me something to work towards.....