Sunday, September 18, 2011

Las Vegas... Again

Rich had a conference in Las Vegas last weekend, so we decided to make a vacation out of it. Before we left, I had to run some errands. When when I got back home, I found Sophia like this...



throw up everywhere! I don' t know how she fell asleep in that mess... I had to bath her and do a quick wash of the car seat before we started the big road trip. YUCK! Anyhow...

We love going back to Vegas... mostly for the food. :) We also did some touristy stuff while we were there.



We saw the Hoover Dam... which is always neat, but we thought the new bridge was a lot more exciting. I've seen this thing being built from the beginning, so it was amazing to see it all finished.


We went shopping at Town Square, where I hit up H&M. Sophia loves her Baby Bjorne. She loves looking around at everything, and I love not carrying her in my arms! (Thanks again, Jess, for the Bjorne... it's the best!)

While Rich was at the conference, I went to my old work place and saw some of my co-workers... and friends. :) It was fun visiting with everyone and watching them "oh" and "ah" over Sophia. I got so many different comments. Some said she looks just like me, others say she looks just like Rich. Some said I looked just the same, others said I've gained weight (Haha! No offense was taken because I did just have a baby.)

Here I am with Sophia and my good friend, and former boss, Megann. She took the chance and hired me after I moved to Vegas, even though I had no nursing home experience. I was really blessed with a good job there, thanks to her. :)

These two made me laugh every day. They are such fun girls!

Rich and I took some time and walked around the strip. He took me to the coke store (which I had never been to before) and we tasted all the different flavors Coke makes all over the world. It was a lot of fun! I lost $3 at this outing because I dared Rich to drink a whole cup full of a nasty flavor. I'm not sure how I feel about paying that to him... what's his is mine, right??

And we get to my favorite part of the whole trip! Meeting the Coca-Cola bear. He was so funny! We could have sat and watched him all day. In one of these pictures, the bear was biting Rich's head! It was so unexpected and funny! I wish we would have gotten video. Anyway, I could go on and on about the bear... but I think it's one of those "you had to be there" events.

We also hit up the M&M store. It's so pretty in there with all the different colors of M&M's!

And then, of course, we had to go see the Gardens at the Bellagio.

Rich was a real champ, carrying around my purse/diaper bag all over the strip. What a guy!

We also saw my old roommate, Megan, and her hubby and daughter. It was a good time, and I'm so grateful we got to get out of Salt Lake for a bit. It was a lot harder doing Vegas with a baby, that's for sure! When I walked through the casinos with her, lots of people stopped to admire her... I like to think it's because she's super cute, but it was probably just because she's a baby in a casino.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kelsi said...

Don't you love the bjorn!!! Charli loves it to. I think babies like to be up and look around at everything. Sophia is so dang cute. I loved seeing all of the pictures of her. That hat is soooo adorable. It looks like you guys had a nice time!

Odd Family said...

Looks like a fun trip! When we had our girls weekend we spent soooo much time in the M&M and Coke stores. Fun! I am happy you love the bjorn. That little Sophia is the CUTEST!!

john + becky said...

I LOVE the picture of Sophia in the Bjorn with her cute little hat on :) So adorable!!

It looks like you guys got to see and do a lot while you were there. I miss visiting Rich in Vegas..and especially miss the yummy food.

We are glad you're back! It was quiet and lonely around here without you :)