Friday, November 11, 2011

Halloween festivities

I love making dinner in a pumpkin at Halloween time. It feels so festive. Rich and I had some friends over and we ate this and watched Troll 2. This is a little tradition I started when I was in college. If any of you haven't seen Troll 2... get on it! You won't regret it!




We decided to make Sophia a little duck. It was super cute seeing her doing normal things like eating and sleeping when she was dressed up in her costume.

On Haloween night, we went trick-or-treating with Sophia, Brooklyn, Becky, and John. Aren't they cute! I was so excited to go trick-or-treating again. It was a lot of fun!


If you look close on this next picture, you can see Sophia's trick-or-treating basket that she's holding. It would only fit a tootsie roll or one kit kat bar in it, but it was the perfect size for her. She was a trooper and held on to it most of the night.


Becky and Brooklyn

Rich and Sophia

After walking around for about 15 minutes, Sophia was exhaused. Too much sugar, I guess. :)




It was fun having trick-or-treaters come to the door. My favorite was when my two friends from Vegas stopped by in their homemade costumes. They are bloodshot eyes, if you couldn't tell.


Here are a few more of Sohia in her costume.






Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The girls looked so cute in their costumes. I still can't help but smile when I think of Sophia holding on to her pumpkin basket all night long, so cute!

That was fun going together. Thanks again for the yummy chili.

Camille said...

Misty, I think your baby is a super model-she is SO pretty!!! That tiny pumpkin she is holding is so cute!!

The.Marcellus.Family said...

Loooove her.The mini trick or treat basket she carried around is just adorable haha. Shes so pretty:)

Kelsi said...

That mini pumpkin is so perfect for Sophia. I LOVE that second to last picture at the bottom of her smiling in her duck costume. She is sooooo cute. Miss you guys!

jt said...

Hey Elder Sorenson! This is Natalie Taylor (formally Jones). My mom forwarded us your email and I took a peek at your blog. What a beautiful family! Congratulations on your marriage and your sweet baby girl. She is adorable. Take care and have a great Christmas season.
Natalie