My sister, brother-in-law, and their two kids live in New Mexico in a really super small town, called Portales. (I'd never heard of it either!) So last week, my mom, Sophia, and I all went to visit. I am super glad we went to visit and it was a lot of fun seeing my family. Here are just a few photos of our trip...
Sophia's first plane ride. She did really well!
My niece, Katelynn, with a brand new baby lamb. This little guy was born the night before. So sweet!
Some more sheep and lambs. (For those of you who don't know this... I LOVE sheep! I could watch them all day. They are the dumbest animals, but maybe that's why I adore them so much!)
This lama is there to take care of the sheep... much like a sheep dog would. Interesting, huh.
Sadly I didn't take many pictures while I was there. I'm not the best picture taker... for some reason, I don't think of it unless the camera is in my hand.
Anyway, back home in SLC, Sophia had her 6 month well child appointment. She had to have 4 different shots... so sad! She is now a little over 2 feet tall (34%), weighs 15 lb 11.5 oz (31%), and is in the 49% for head circumference.
What she's up to:
* She's still not the best sleeper, but usually has 3 naps during the day and goes down for the night usually around 6:30 or 7, then wakes up 2 times to eat and then is up for the day at 7.
* She's great at holding her own bottle. She'll even hold it in one hand while the other is searching for something else to grab.
* She has a great laugh. She mostly thinks goofy sounds are the funniest.
* She is a great people watcher. She seems very curious and interested in what others are doing... especially in a big group. When we are in a group, she gets very quiet and still and just stares at people.
* Sophia is SO close to crawling. She scoots around on the floor and likes to follow Rocco around. This is a game that can last forever because Rocco is ALWAYS avoiding her.
* She is eating "solids" now. She is really good at eating whatever I shove in her mouth. I gave her peas a couple times and it doesn't look like she enjoys them at all. She looks at me with a confused expression on her face, but she still eats it.
* She likes to play in the jumper she got for Christmas. Sometimes she gets bouncing super fast and when this happens she has the biggest grin on her face.
* Ahhh, the binki... I've waiting a long time for her to like the binki. It's a life saver! I think she uses it as a toy more than anything, but it works to keep her quiet in church and she'll use when she's getting tired, but then spits it out when she's ready to fall asleep. She likes to lay on her tummy and suck on it, then throw it and scoot over to it and put it in her mouth. This keeps her occupied for awhile.
* She LOVES her bath time. It's fun to watch her play in the tub. She likes to splash and chase her toys in the water. For some reason, she likes holding onto the drain. Last night I tried to redirect her with a toy when she really wanted to play with the drain, but she's was single minded. I pulled her toward the back of the tub and she scooted toward the drain as fast as she could with a huge smile on her face while was breathing really loud and excitedly. It's the funniest thing!
* Still no sitting on her own
* When being held, she leans to one side. It's like she's trying to lay on her stomach in my arms. My mom says I was just like that as a baby.
* When she gets upset and wants me to pick her up, she refuses to scoot over to me. She'll just stare at me and cry. No amount of encouragement will make her come to me. It's pretty cute.
I sure love this little girl!








2 comments:
What a cute, cute girl! We love her so much!
I loved reading about little Sophia. She is so dang cute. Sounds like she is growing up fast. That is awesome she is almost crawling!! Charli can't figure it out. Cute pictures.
Post a Comment