Sunday, December 2, 2012

Washington Part 1

These posts are VERY overdue! In September, we drove up to Washington state to visit my old stomping grounds and some of my very best friends. It was a lot of fun and I loved showing Rich around again and showing him where I lived. From Salt Lake City, it is a 13 hour drive. With a toddler, it ends up taking much longer. On our drive up, we stopped in Oregon and stayed with our brother-in-law's mom. She was such a sweetheart and really made us feel welcome. One our 2nd day of driving, we stopped at these waterfalls off the freeway for a little break in our driving.



Look how tall they are!


Notice the bridge in the background...


Here we are on that bridge. So pretty!

When we got to our destination, we had dinner with my two high school friends. My friend, Michelle, let us stay at her house, which was really nice of her because Sophia made her have to "toddler proof" her house for the week. 

 
I think this is our 2nd day in Washington. We looked around the state capitol building. I wish we had gotten a picture of the grounds, but these two are all I had. I guess I wasn't in the picture taking mode yet.




Here is Sophia, lounging as usual in her stroller. It always cracks me up when she kicks her feet up and enjoys the ride. :)


This is at Percivile Landing. It's on the Puget Sound pennisula and it's one of my favorite things about Olympia. I love the water!  (Notice Sophia, knocked out in her stroller... too much relaxing, I guess.) 


That night, Michelle was nice enough to watch Sophia while Rich and I went to a Mariners game. They played horrible, but I love Safeco Field! I really miss the team the Mariners had while I was in high school... they were so much fun to watch! And they were so much better in those days!!


Here is Rich, enjoying his hot dog. I was stressed out because we had snuck down to better seats and I was SUPER worried that we were going to get caught. We only stayed in these seats for a little bit so I could relax!


We decided to explore the stadium and took advantage of these photo opp's.
 


Yay!


We then found some other seats that were not quite as close, but we were treated like VIP's here. The workers invited us in to sit, asked if they could get us anything, and took our picture. That's when we knew, we found our seats! It was a really fun night!


The next day we drove around Michelle's neighborhood in DuPont and found a PET CEMETARY! It was creepy.
 


Then we went to Tacoma where we explored Point Defiance Park. I had never been here so it was fun to experience something new. I love this picture because it has a Washington "feel" to it. Behind us is the Puget Sound. We could barely see the water and islands in it because of the fog. Weather like this makes me feel so cozy!
 


I love the forests and hiking trails here. It's so pretty!
 


Pictures don't do it justice!
 
 To be continued....

No comments: