This is still at Tumwater Falls watching the fish. Sophia was amazed at them too.

She would say, "Wow" when we saw a fish try to jump up the waterfall.
She would say, "Wow" when we saw a fish try to jump up the waterfall.
Here are some in the water in the hatchery. Once they get here, they are killed. It's a little sad because they've traveled so far to get here, but they would die anyway. The workers kill them and take their eggs and let them hatch here, where they will one day return again. They use the fish for protein powders and things like that since they aren't very good to eat. Our next trip, Rich is bringing his fishing pole! Hopefully he catches some that will taste good. :)
Our last night here, we went out for Thai food in downtown Olympia. I love these girls so much! I laugh so hard when I'm with them! It's always a good time!
Left to right we have: Jessamyn, baby Jacob (he is 6 months younger than Sophia, but he already outweighs her!), me, Sophia, Michelle, and her sister, Anne. It's fun being with Anne too... we used to babysit her kids, who are now in COLLEGE!
It was sure sad saying bye to these girls! I look forward to the next time we get together!! (Maybe Jess and her family will come to Conference in April??)
When we drove home, we didn't stop for the night...we just went straight through. Honestly, that trip home is all a blur now. Poor Sophia got to the point that when her Baby Einstein movie would almost end, she'd be in tears! She would get so bored. Baby Einstein saved us on that trip, along with my sister-in-law's portable DVD player! After the trip she would cry when I put her in the car for an errand. She had no idea if it would be a 5 minute trip or 12+ hours. We are really glad we went though!


1 comment:
I thought I had commented on here but I guess I didn't. Your trip looks so fun and I loved reading about all of the details. Such a cute little family and Sophia looks so old! Excited to see you guys soon!
Post a Comment