Tuesday, February 5, 2013

January happenings

So, somehow my computer erased all my November and December pictures. I don't want to talk about it. (Luckily I was able to get them all printed off, but no digital copies.)

Here are the pictures I took in January.  I made Sophia this owl hat and she really likes it. I have to admit, she looks pretty dang cute in it! I made one for her baby too, and I love how she carries it around with her when both their hats are on.



Sophia loves watching Elmo. I try to limit TV time, but it sure is nice when I'm trying to get dinner made or the house clean!  


 Lately she has been brave enough to lie down in the bath tub and she thinks she's pretty cool. I love how proud of herself she gets when she does this.  The first few times she did this, Rich and I would watch her and laugh because she was so serious. No smile, no moving,  just looking around with her eyes.


This is one of my favorite things about Sophia. She loves books. I will find her like this: sitting in her big chair, surounded by books, and often looking at one upside down. It cracks me up!


Here are some things that she is doing lately: (Warning- this may be boring for everyone else since ther are no pictures and lots of detail about what Sophia is doing.)

In the mornings, Rich usually gets her up. She sleeps until about 6:30-7:30 and he gets her breakfast. When I get out of bed, he finishes getting ready for work and he always brings his shoes and socks into the kitchen to put them on. Sophia is super helpful. As soon as Rich puts a shoe on the floor, she picks it up and gives it to him, saying, "shoe". She follows him around "helping" until he is all ready, then she waves at him and says "bye".

When Rich leaves, she usually likes to play with some toys... especially her babies. I love that she likes her babies so much. She has been tickling them lately and putting them down for naps.

She loves to eat cheese... just like her mom! She says it like this, "teese". Which also sounds just like how she pronounces "keys," "please," and "teeth" (for toothbrush).

She likes to take me and Rich by the finger and lead us to the fridge or whatever she wants.

When Rich gets home, she loves to play with him on the floor. She will say, "ball" and Rich lies on the floor with the ball under his head and then the games begin. :)

She loves to talk on the phone to my mom and loves to facetime with Corinne. She will ask several times a day for "mam-ma".

She loves when we play with Rocco. I will make Rocco stay while Sophia and I hide behind a door or somewhere in another room and then when he comes to find us, Sophia cracks up so hard. She also gets a good belly laugh when I make Rocco roll-over.

When it's nap time or time for bed, I usually read her a story and then put her down, but lately she has been asking to "rock". After we read the books, she'll turn around and rest her head on my shoulder while I rock her in the chair. I love that she likes to rock, it's one of the best parts of my day. She also will lift up her shirt and say, "back", which means it's time for me to tickle her back. It's so cute! If she's not too tired, she'll pop her head up and point to items in her room while saying their names. (blanket, mom, wipe, diaper, baby, binki, bear, elephant, etc.)

She is now in nursery, thank heavens! It took a couple weeks for her to adjust, but now it's pretty smooth, and I couldn't be happier. We have church at 1 now, so I have to wake her up from her nap to go. Last week, Rich had to go up to church early and when Sophia saw him putting on his tie, she said, "church?". I was surprised she knew that when he puts a tie on, he goes to church. Anyway, when I woke her up from her nap, she was super groggy until I said, "Do you want to go to church?" She said, "Dad?" I was surprised she remembered where he was. I told her she was going to nursery and she was real willing to get ready and go. Rich dropped her off and she didn't cry or protest at all. Oh, I love it!

She likes to have things in their right place. If Rocco's food dish is crooked, she'll say, "Oh!" and go straighten it. Or if she is playing with a spoon or a dish, she'll say, "back" which means she's done playing with it and wants to put it back. She also will wipe up her spills.  It's so nice... and my fingers are crossed that being clean is a part of her personality, and not just a phase!

That's all for now!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love "Soy-ah"!! This was such a fun post to read about her. I love that big grin in the tub...she is so stinkin' cute. And she is my type of girl...cleaning up her messes and fixing things when they aren't straight. She needs to teach Brooklyn a thing or two :)

Kelsi said...

She has the cutest personality! Sounds like she is talking a lot! Charli still doesn't to talk much. That hat is adorable!!! Love it on her. She is growing up so fast.

Odd Family said...

Oh its so fun to read about her. I loved that picture of her in the bath tub!! So cute!!! Wish we lived closer so we could just play all the time.

Kelsi said...

I thought I commented on this post! Guess I didn't! I loved reading about her and what she is up to! She is so cute Misty. Hope you guys are doing well.