Sunday, April 14, 2013

March catch-up

Oh, Sophia! She becoming so independent now. She wants to do everything by herself and she will say, "do it"- which means, "I'll do it". One of the things she wants to do is undress. I love that she wants to do things on her own, but I think this is taking it a bit too far. I went to check on her before I went to bed, and saw her like this. She was sleeping so innocently, too.  Luckily, I got to her before any messes were made. :)



We had an outing with one of her best friends, Lydia. Lydia is only 4 months older than Sophia, but look at the difference in their hair! Isn't that funny! Sophia and Lydia walked through the store, holding each other's hands, and did a little shopping of their own. Sophia picked out that blue yarn. (?) The next time we went to their house, Sophia kept telling me she wanted to hold Lydia's hand and as soon as she saw her, she went right over and held her hand. So cute!


For Lydia's birthday, they were nice enough to take us to the zoo. Sophia LOVES the zoo. She is super scared of the gorilla, but that's also the only thing she really wants to see. She also loves the carosel. She usually laughs the whole time, but I think on this day, she was more interested in people watching.


She has started "helping" me with everything. She especially loves to "dump" and "stir" while I cook. This was the day before Easter and we were making bread. I love that she has flour on her head. Just like a true cook! :)
 


My mom bought her an apron that she can wear when we cook, but she kind of hates wearing it. I think if I start wearng mine more, she'll decide to wear hers.

Also in March, Rich had a birthday and we had so much fun. At lunch, Sophia and I made cookies for him and took it into his work. It was fun meeting all his co-workers and hanging out in his office.  My mom was nice enough to come down and babysit that night so we could go out. We went to dinner and a movie. Dinner was AMAZING and so peaceful without a little girl with us. The movie we saw was Lincoln. As I was sitting in the theater watching it, I kept thinking, "I'm bored". When it was over, I really started to hate it and was mad that we sat through the whole thing. I don't get what the big deal was with that movie. Despite the wasted time, it was so fun being on a real date with Rich and celebrating with him.

1 comment:

Kelsi said...

Charli is the same way as Sophia with doing everything by herself. It drives me nuts ha ha. Loved seeing your belly. How are you feeling?!