Max is here!
He was born April 29 at around 6pm. I was induced a few days early (his due date was May 4) because I had gestational diabetes and those babies tend to be bigger.
Jeannette was nice enough to babysit Sophia for a few days so we checked into the hospital early Monday morning.
It was pretty slow
going mostly. I was having contractions that I couldn't even feel for
hours. When they finally broke my water, I could feel them pretty
strongly and asked for my epidural soon after. The epidural made me
sick and I threw up a few times. That happened when I had Sophia too.
Yuck! I was pretty numb after that and couldn't lift my legs... it's
the weirdest feeling! There was one spot on my lower abdomen about
the size of a quarter that wasn't numb, so with every contraction I
had seriously intense pain in one tiny little spot. It was annoying.
Eventually that went numb too. When it was finally time to
push, it all went really quickly. I only had to push for 12 minutes
and he was here, healthy and big! The only scare we had, was after
his head was delivered, his shoulder got stuck. Suddenly there were 2
more nurses helping, and Rich and my mom were pushed aside. They
pushed on my stomach a lot to get him to turn. I could tell it was
serious by the way my Dr was acting and how my mom looked. I guess he
was stuck for 90 seconds and his arm was kinda cutting off his air
supply. When he was fully delivered, I remember his face looked
almost black and I'm not sure if it was from lack of air, or from
bruising. My Dr. said that if he was delivered too fast when he was
stuck like that, the tendons in his neck could have been severed and
he could have had some paralysis in his arm. Luckily everything
turned out fine, and I was able to watch Dancing with the Stars while I held my new baby.
He was a sweet boy from the beginning. The only time I heard him cry was when he was circumcised. Poor guy!
She's happy to be a sister... most days. It was so fun seeing her after two days of not being with her. She suddenly looked so BIG! When we got home from the hospital, she was pretty indifferent toward him, which was good. Then when he was 6 weeks old, she felt like he was out staying his welcome and she got pretty jealous. Now she's back to being indifferent.
Max just had his 2 month appointment and his stats are:
47% weight and 87% height. I hope he can keep these stats his whole life! They sound pretty perfect to me!

2 comments:
That is scary about him getting stuck at birth. Thank goodness everything was ok!
He is so cute and I love holding and cuddling him. Sophia is a great big sis too! I'm so glad we are here and get to enjoy him.
CONGRATS Misty! SO excited to meet this little guy when we come home. I'm glad everything was ok with him- that could have been really bad! I bet it was so sweet when Sophia met him for the first time.
Post a Comment