This week I have made a goal to blog every day. I feel like maybe this will kick me into gear and I'll start taking more pictures and then posting them somewhere.
Recently, Sophia has started a dance class with her two cute little cousins, Lucy and Hailey. Adults were able to watch on the first day and man, were they cute!! Sophia had a hard time standing in her tap shoes... She interrupted her teachers a few times to say, "These shoes are really slippery!!"
Max got to watch too. He was a trooper and sat on the sidelines, trying to do the moves too. I saw him lifting his arms up and kicking his feet when it he saw the girls doing it. What a cutie! (I wish I weren't so slow with the camera!)
Here are the little performers! Aren't they just the cutest! Sophia is so lucky to have so many cousins her age. They will be good friends forever, I'm sure!
This weekend was Labor Day weekend, so we went to Midway and watched the sheepdog competition. It was super fun for me. (Ahhh, sheep!) Here is a shot of the kids when they saw the dog herding the sheep. Max was especially excited. Sophia liked it for about 2 minutes and then said, "Can we go home!?" Apparently she doesn't share my love for and fascination with sheep.
The weather was kinda crummy as we got there. Rainy. Windy. A bit cold. I felt like a failure as a mom. Look at how my kids are dressed! At least I remembered the umbrellas. But by the end of our day there, the sun was out and we got hot. Then I was looking at all the other "prepared" moms hauling jackets and whatnot, and I felt a little bit better about my parenting abilities. :)
Today was a fun and busy day. We started out with a walk around the capitol. Then a trip to Ikea to stalk up on Christmas presents. (Ikea is the best!) Then home for "quiet time", which consisted of me forcing Sophia to watch Dora downstairs for an hour while I folded laundry. Max took a 1/2 hour nap on the way home from Ikea and would not fall back asleep, no matter how hard I tried to force him. By then, my dad and Bev came over and we met Jason at a restaurant for lunch. It's always fun when I get to see both my dad and my brother. Then we went to the zoo. The zoo was... well, a zoo. So many people were there today! It was kinda miserable to try to see any animals, but it was still a good time. The only picture I got, was when Sophia climbed onto this seal and said, "Take my picture!" I'm kicking myself that I didn't get any pictures of my dad, Bev, and Jason with the kids. (Max slept almost the whole time we were at the zoo, that little stinker! He'll be up until 10:30 tonight!)

No comments:
Post a Comment