Today was such a beautiful day. We were going to start out with a walk, but Sophia asked if she could go jump. What a good idea! Here she is... hair done, yet still in pajamas. This girl would wear pajamas every minute of every day if I let her!
Max is starting to get to the age where he does not like being left out of anything fun. He has to get on the trampoline if Sophia is on. It gets ugly if he can't.
After jumping, we went on a walk around the capitol. That is one of the things I love about living right here... I can go on this great walk, where I can let Rocco off the leash, and let Sophia run around safely. It's so nice!
When we got home, Max was ready for his nap. (He only takes one these days. He is just now making that transition. He will sleep for 2 or 3 hours, starting at 10:30 or 11:30.) Sophia is getting really good at entertaining herself. I was able to menu plan and make my shopping list for about an hour while Sophia did this... I swear I put those books back on the shelf every single day! (It usually doesn't take me that long to menu plan, but today I was perusing a website I found that has tons of cool recipes that are "kid friendly". I don't really think they are "kid friendly" because it's all pretty fancy food, but they had pictures of kids eating it, so I'm hoping mine will too! The website is called chopchopmag.org)
While I was writing my menu on the chalk board, Sophia found a cool new coloring app that she wanted to play with. This kept her busy for another half hour and I cleaned the bathroom! Ahhh! It's a luxury to get some cleaning done uninterrupted! Thank you technology!
When Max woke up, Sophia was having "quiet time" downstairs. (This is where I force her to watch 2 hours of TV in the basement... is that good parenting, or what!!) Anyway, Max is in love with this stuffed dog. Sophia's cousin, Kate, gave it to her when she was younger and Sophia would bite and tear out some of the dog's hair. It is bald on top and bald on the tail, but for some reason, Max thinks it's the coolest thing... right up there with his blanket!
Seriously... look at this!
When quiet time was over, we met up with some friends at the park. Sophia dressed herself and put on this "beautiful headband". She hates headbands and took it off as soon as we got to the park, but in the car, she loved it.
So, the "ducks" turned out to be geese. But it was fun, nonetheless. We met up with some friends and chatted, while trying to help our children avoid stepping in (or eating) poop. Blech!!
Max was loving it. He fed them the longest and also tried to get them to eat out of his fingers (scary!). He really likes birds and ducks. He will always point them out. We even have a block with a duck on it and he always knows where that exact block it. He will say, "du" and clap his hands while saying "qua, qua". It's pretty cute.
These friends are great to hang out with because my friend Kellie has a daughter Max's age, and Shawna has a daughter Sophia's age. Plus they are pretty cool girls themselves. :)
See, still feeding the geese, long after everyone else had lost interest. Cute boy!
Look at how brave these geese are. And Max, too! This is why he tried hand feeding them.
He was funny to watch because he was giving the geese a piece of bread and then would eat one himself. One for you... one for me. :)
The rest of the day was pretty mellow. I went grocery shopping and made dinner. I bought some straws today because I read that it's easier for kids to drink smoothies with straws. Sophia was pretty excited about them. When we got home, I gave her a cup of water with a straw and during dinner, she put the straw up her nose and sniffed. It was so sad, but also really funny because she got water up her nose and she was kinda shocked. She asked to be excused from dinner so she could "go get this out of my nose". I think it's one of those "you had to be there" moments, but I got a good laugh.
After dinner we went outside and visited with Rich's parents and played in the backyard. Rich and Sophia kicked the ball and then that turned into dodge ball. Rich would throw the ball at Sophia while she was running away and every time it hit her (most of the time) she would just laugh and laugh. What a good sport. I'm going to miss summer evenings!

1 comment:
This made me miss you guys and excited to see you in a week! I think forced tv watching is great!! We do that at our house too, usually when I'm trying to make dinner :)
Post a Comment