She was funny because for some reason, she wouldn't ride it on the sidewalks. Every time we crossed a sidewalk, she got off and walked it. When I asked her why, she said, "sometimes my bike gets really fast".
At one point, I looked down at the stroller and saw this cute little face looking up at me. Hi, Max!
Here is Sophia trying to balance as she rides down the hill. I'm so impressed that her feet are off the ground. Sometimes she would get going really fast and it made my heart race, but she did great.
We then went to the library for story time and then home for lunch and naps/quiet time. Then we ran some errands. I actually ran the van through a car wash, which Sophia usually loves watching, but today she fell asleep on the ride over. Max HATED the car wash today. I think he usually gets a little nervous but Sophia is awake to laugh and talk to him and I think it keeps him calm. As soon as we pulled in, he started screaming. I checked on him for a little bit and it broke my heart, how panicked he was. I could see the wild look in his eyes, poor kid! I held his hand and tried to calm him down, but he was a wreck until we were out.
Once we were home, the kids played quietly in the living room. Sophia kept running into the kitchen and getting towels. She said that today was my birthday and that she was decorating. When she was done I came and saw her creative work. She was so proud of herself!
Tonight was the first football game of the season... I was so thrilled because I've been wanting to watch some football. And it was my Seahawks playing! Rich had a softball game so I told Sophia we would make popcorn and watch the game. She LOVES it when we make popcorn and couldn't wait to show dad. Here she is, taking the popcorn to him to show him what we made.
The kids were just so darn cute, watching it. I love how Sophia is shoving popcorn in her face. Max thought it was fun too.
The would both start clapping when they heard the crowd cheering.
And here we are. I wish Rich were here to watch with us, but he took one quick picture before he left. (Max knows the drill... see the camera and smile.)

1 comment:
I'm loving all your posts! You're such a great mom!
Post a Comment